motorised vixen gpdx eq mount power supply

hello . as stated , i own a vixen gpdx mount dual axis motors. the motors are already mounted onto mount. on my movement control says -dd-1 dual axis drive corrector made in japan.

-speed mode selector 32x 2x 1.5xotor

-R.A motor

-Decl.motor

-dc power

from the ra motor and the decl motor goes 2 cables onto respective motors onto the vixen mount.

i miss a cable going from the dc power

i do not own a power supply.

i need help buying a power supply to power up the motors onto the axis. i have no knowledge for what i need. i prefer maybe accumulator,so i can recharge it

what cable i must buy and what power supply . i can use ac power,or is it not safe ? if states dc power, i must use only batteries. i am looking for a way to connect some power to this control

thanks

Hopefully the link below will help, I just cut and pasted your title "vixen gpdx mount" straight into Google and this was the first page it found;

http://www.company7.com/vixen/mounts/gpdxgem.html#POWER

Any regulated power supply that gives you the same voltage as the equivalent batteries specified in the link (eg 8 batteries = 12v, 6 batteries = 9v) that will give enough current (eg. 2amps) with the right connector (check your mount) will work fine.

Vixen's "official" parts are listed here:

http://www.vixenoptics.co.uk/Pages/power_supplies.htm

For the DD-1 controller you'd need either:

78619 plus 8x D cell batteries (£29 for the case)

or

78643 (£19) plus a source for 12V cigarette lighter plug such as a power tank

or

73599 AC adaptor plus a large bank loan as these cost £139 8-O

The power connector is 2mm, centre negative. Vixen's AC adaptor is rated at 3A but the DD-1 consumes a maximum of 800mA (300mA at sidereal) so you need only look for a 1A rated supply.

HTH

Cheers, Pete

I suggest buying the official 12V cigarette lighter adapter cable or the battery pack from Vixen. Vixen motor controller uses an uncommon centre negative connection. If you plug a regular power supply cord into a Vixen controller, it will fry the controller. I had a DD1 controller died that way.

You can buy a £30 car jump starter from Maplin for the power source.

Archived