Which bit?

From the mount, scope tube or accessory?

Andy.

From the mount. There's a screw/bolt missing which looks like it should lock the declination??. The thread seems to be damaged so I may have to cut another one. I'd just like to know exactly what should be there.

(Sorry, should have given more detail)

TAL2-4.jpg

There should be a short grub screw. This does nothing but act as a cover, or a plug. There is a possibility that it's mistakenly been screwed too far in and has dropped inside. If it has don't worry, it shouldn't cause any damage or mischief. EDIT: If the thread is okay, simply replace the lost grub with another. M6 x 6mm

When removing the declination(dec) axis, both this screw and the other on the opposite side are removed. Then if you look deep inside the holes, you should see smaller grub screws. These lock the dec axis in place on the Right Ascension(RA) threaded shaft.

Andy.

Hi Jason.

You may already know what's in the link below, but I'll post it just in case......

http://stargazerslounge.com/showthread.php?t=156715

It's a bit word heavy, I'm afraid. I'm getting some pics together and shall add them soonish. Hopefully they should help make it more understandable.

If you hit any snags with the 2M, there are quite a few of us here on SGL, that have experience of this kit & will be able to help.

Cheers,

Andy.

Brilliant Andy, exactly what I wanted to know. I thought I may have had big problems!

That link is also priceless. I feel that I can move on now. I've no doubt I'll have more questions, but for the moment I should be able to get the basics sorted before I embark on the really difficult stuff.

Thanks again.

Archived