Help to convert a PsP3 eye toy in to a solar cam

Hi everyone, can anyone out there help me convert an PSP3 eye toy into a solar camera, but you have to detail it as much as possible please, as this is new to me and I do not have a clue of what I am doing, thanks all

Have tested quite few ps3 cams first 2 i broke thought i'd mod me latest ps3 cam costed me 3 quid from game shop.

here is my latest modded removed the lens and hosing, just got bit tubing from old eye piece and attached it close to sensor. i broke away bit of plastic casing so get tube closer to sensor. need it quite close to get sensor to work with telescope.

IMG1103A.jpg

IMG1102A.jpg

Quite easy mod to do you can search youtube how open ps3 cam

for solar viewing i would recommend attach webcam to telescope and use safety beader soler filter film or check local photography shop ask for soler filter film for telescope.

put beader film on end of telescope and bit on spotting scope.

i still goto get some solar filter sometime.

Have tested quite few ps3 cams first 2 i broke thought i'd mod me latest ps3 cam costed me 3 quid from game shop.

here is my latest modded removed the lens and hosing, just got bit tubing from old eye piece and attached it close to sensor. i broke away bit of plastic casing so get tube closer to sensor. need it quite close to get sensor to work with telescope.

IMG1103A.jpg

IMG1102A.jpg

Quite easy mod to do you can search youtube how open ps3 cam

for solar viewing i would recommend attach webcam to telescope and use safety beader soler filter film or check local photography shop ask for soler filter film for telescope.

put beader film on end of telescope and bit on spotting scope.

i still goto get some solar filter sometime.

Any info on how well it performs? also any images you can put on here?

Havent took any yet but know the exposure quite low on it then again also has some decent exposure with gain noise controll so in way both ways

not yet did take pic of venus last night and some star in sky havent clue what star was unless was mars hehe

will upload them later on dude

will test with solar viewing soon as me solar filter arrives and i make apperture for me newt then i'll be testing cams on sun :)

will also test on moon next time i see it.

one thing have to get the tube right below the microphone array system so focuser work on telescope then again thats probably my telescope

work different on others tell ya somet has decent mic system

you try take some audio recordings with that outside awesome it is picks up birds atmosphere crystal clear.

what can ya do with microphone arrays.

first off,

your going to be better off De-housing the camera from its casing.

you should then be able to get to the Mic input cabling and/or cable plug.

your not going to need the Mic so it can be unplugged.

a de-housed camera is more easy to handle, all that is needed is some design and modding back into a more suited home.

would be nice to see a screen shot and/or info on the ps3 eyetoy settings,

can you adjust the gain, can you adjust gamma and likes.

main parts to be careful around is the sensor, you do not need dust getting onto this ( a right pain to remove), otherwise just go easy take your time and you would soon have a barebones Cmos PCB

Archived