SW 150P DS on EQ3-2 - Many questions!

So I think I've decided to scale back a bit on what I was going to get. Looks like I'll be ordered the Skywatcher Explorer 150P DS with EQ3-2 mount.

This will give me time to learn the skies better by doing it manually rather than relying on a GOTO but I have a few questions if some more experienced people would help me out on please?

I see that when buying this scope you obviously get the dual speed focuser but compared to the standard 150P product which is over a hundred pound cheaper you don't get a x2 Barlow or a 10mm EP. Am I missing out by not getting these or are they pretty sub standard considering the price range of telescope? I've read somewhere the 10mm is pretty unusable but alot of people seem to use 2x and 3x Barlows so would it be worthwhile picking one of them up to help me on my way?

There's also no mention of the direct DSLR camera connection on the DS model. So does that mean I'd need a T ring and an adapter as well? I know that AP won't be useful with this but I'd like to dabble anyway before I upgrade in future to something substantial like an NEQ6 possibly.

That also takes me to the option of adding the motor drive for tracking. Is that an easy process that just bolts on or do you need to know what you're doing to fit this upgrade?

I think I've covered everything I want to know so hopefully someone can give their opinions on it all.

I was going to jump into the deep end with a 200P DS and EQ5 GOTO but I'd rather start small and then upgrade to one of the better top end mounts like I said before with the NEQ6 when I know AP is what I wanna do.

Apparently you won't be able to focus a dslr camera for deep space shots on a 130p.

But this line in post suggest not go to do deep space for the timebeing.(This will give me time to learn the skies better by doing it manually rather than relying on a GOTO)

Archived