Barlow x 3

With the range of EPs you have in your signature, I don't see any benefit in getting a 3x.

On a good night I wouldn't of though much more than 200x magnification would be usable, and you seem to have most bases covered with those EPs and the 2x Barlow.l

Got to agree with Stephen. I can't see the benefit of putting a 3x Barlow on this setup (and I'm personaly not a big fan of barlows in any case). If I were you, I might think of getting a good high power EP. Say 4mm for quality planetary views.

Having the same scope I would say not.

I used to have an Antares 3x barlow combined with a 9mm and 25mm EPs. May have been a combination of eyepiece and barlow quality but I wasn't pleased with the views.

I lowered the barlow to a 2x TAL and bought some better quality eyepieces. I still get the maximum mag I used to (2x on the 6mm as opposed to 3x on the 9mm) but the quality of the barlow has made a big difference.

Bat502, the Vixen NPL eyepieces are very good as Naemeth suggest, but being plossls I think they may favour a long focal length scope better. You can spend alot of money on a good eyepiece, so it depends on how deep your pockets are right now. Baader Hyperion's get very good reviews, but only go to 5mm. Others may have suggestions, but these look like they might be worth a go for your scope without breaking the bank:

http://www.365astronomy.com/4mm-the-planetary-eyepiece-p-1669.html

Archived