Skywatcher SP Plossl eyepiece

Hey guys,

This seems to be a great place for info, so I said I would ask this for a friend that I have just sold my Skywatcher 150P Dobsonian to.

As I have been looking at getting further eyepieces for our CPC1100, he has decided to look into this too. As he is on a tight budget he is looking at the 7.5mm Skywatcher SP Plossl, as he has a 17mm and a 25mm set of eyepieces (not sure what make, but I gather they came with an earlier telescope he bought).

This range does appear incredibly cheap compared to others so I said I would ask if anyone on here had any opinion on them at all. I am tempted to just tell him to wait a while and save up for a better range, which is what I would do.

What do people recommend?

i would wait and save up for a better range, the plossls have very tight eye-relief below 12.5mm, and there are good quality ep's out there that out perform the plossl, such as the BST Explorers/StarGuiders, they don't cost a mint and they work well in any telescope, including fast scopes.

Archived