C11 as guidescope with synguider, no one try already?

I want buy a synguider and a synta 80ED as guidescope for my cpc11, my idea is to use the 80 to guide the c11 and the c11 to guide the 80 for large field. :p

Someone has already tried to use a c11 (with reducer) or a c8 (not reduced) as guidescope with the synguider?

I know the manual refers as maximun optimal focal lengt at 1200mm, but maybe it can operate at 1760mm to.

The alternative would be to mount the 80ED and an acromatic guidescope as guide for large field photography, but i fear to overload the cpc mount. :(

No one already try something like this?

Ciao :D

Well, I never enjoyed imaging on an SCT and wedge but I did get results using my 10 inch SCT as a guidescope. It isn't a very good guidescope since it is slow and has tunnel vison not condusive to finding guide stars but you can do it. Maybe the F3.3 reducer would be the thing. They have little value used because they only cover webcam chips and nobody is using those for DS imaging any more (or not many) so they come up second hand.

Olly

• 2 weeks later...

Two days ago I got most of my guide and photography setup!!:clouds2:

Came the wedge, a sw80ed as a guide and large field photos, the SC focal reducer and synguider!

Rings and counterweights should arrive tomorrow, unfortunately Losmandy bars arrive until Monday.:rolleyes:

However, after having figured out how to adjust the wedge, tonight I tried to guide with synguider and c11 with the focal reducer.

At 1760mm the setup autoguide perfectly!! I guided 45 min with 2 different stars, work like a charme and makes minimal adjustments!!!:icon_scratch:

just waiting to mount the 80 and start to take photos!!!:headbang:

Ciao

Archived