Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Low profile t-mount 1.25" nosepieces

samtheeagle

Does anybody know a good source for one of these? I'm trying to improve my 50mm finder guider setup, and what I could really do with is an alternative t-mount to 1.25" adaptor. I have two of the blighters already, but they each have their issues. The first is the one that came with my DSI camera, it it's great as it's super low profile, so it allows things to sit flush together. Unfortunately is has the most annoyingly placed step in the barrel which falls exactly where the retaining screw tried to bind, and it always slips and comes loose. The other has a nice smooth barrel, but it's not at all low profile, it adds probably a good 8mm of depth to the setup, which I might get away, with but it's going to be border line on pushing the DSI too far back to get focus.

post-16299-13387776894_thumb.jpg

To give this some context, here's how I'm trying to use them. Here we have 50mm finderscope -> t-mount 1.25" nosepiece -> variable t-mount extension tube -> DSI camera. As you can see in the pic below there's a gap between the 50mm finder and the variable extension tube, I'd like to eliminate this if I can.

post-16299-133877768935_thumb.jpg

Archived