Nurse! The Screens! (Linux webcam capture software)

JamesF

I've just happened upon a package called "qastrocam-g2"

Qastrocam-g2 4.8 FAQ - Thx8411's pages

It doesn't seem to have been touched for a while, but I downloaded the beta sources for the latest release and with a little tweaking here and there I've got it to build on my Ubuntu 11.04 boxes. It claims to natively support the QHY5 and QHY6 cameras which I can't test and the SPC900, which looks like it works rather nicely. I've tried it with the Lifecam Cinema and whilst that also works it's missing some of the options it should have so clearly more tweakery is required. Same story with the Xbox camera. Looks like it isn't handling the extended V4L2 controls, but that should be relatively easily fixable. It's not like I haven't just done a load of coding with them for my own command-line capture application.

The Met Office are forecasting clear skies for this evening, though by the look of the sky right now you'd think that were some kind of sick joke. If they come through with the goods though I shall be giving it a test on Mars and Saturn this evening.

I think I might be about to have an accident. Nurse?! Where are those screens?

James

Archived