Me again :)

Hey there just got 20 minutes of decent sky tonight just wondering the more i zoom in the more im getting the 4 crosshairs through my scope im just wondering is that because im zooming in to much or what ? as i said before im clueless and your all so helpfull thanks for reading Jack from nottingham.

I not sure what kind of scope you have....but i'm guessing it is the newtonian scope. My C5 spotting scope dont give me this kind of problem...only donuts rings when out of focus on bright things.

I cant help much coz i'm a beginner myself...some other expert might solve your problem easily. Take care. ;-)

The spokes are the 4 arms holding the secondary mirror, they normally show up on bright objects ... or if you are poorly focused.?

Can look quite nice tho on stars :-)

Ya, i think that's it...it's just out of focus when you zoom too much..no problem here.

On another note, may i ask of you knobby, when you put your zoom baader on your dslr, will it produce great image? I'm thinking of buying one or just maybe a fixed 8mm hyperion. tq.

thanks for your time anyways yeah i have a LCM 114 Newtonian scope and i get the same donut rings aswell haha :( 3 days in im trying my best!

Hey no problem...glad to help out a bit with my very limited knowledge too..cheers!:)

Enjoy your scope!:confused:

This really does sound like a focus issue. You only see the donut shape and the 4 "crosshairs" (secondary supports) when the scope is well out of focus. So keep, slowly, adjusting that focus until you get a sharp image without donuts or crosshairs. You may well be surprised how small the properly focused image of a even a large planet is - most newcomers are. Stars when in proper focus will appear as just a point of light.

@ Moses_C - could you ask about the zoom lenses etc in another thread to avoid moving this one off topic please ?. Thanks :)

Ya, i think that's it...it's just out of focus when you zoom too much..no problem here.

On another note, may i ask of you knobby, when you put your zoom baader on your dslr, will it produce great image? I'm thinking of buying one or just maybe a fixed 8mm hyperion. tq.

I have the adaptor ring on order with Flo, so not sure yet.

glad you're enjoying the scope

Archived