130 replacement focuser

Hi all

I really want to upgrade the focuser on my Skywatcher 130M but can't find any 130-ready focusers. The smallest seem to be for 150mm tubes. If I stick to 1.25" would one for a 150 fit perhaps with a gasket to allow for the different diameter/curve?

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I guess at this price point they figure nobody would want to upgrade just the focuser, bit like putting a really nice steering wheel on a Morris Marina. Just wondered if anyone had ever done a similar thing. The focuser on my 130M is awful and I can't afford to upgrade my scope but could just about scrape together enough for a slightly better focuser. Might go for it and be the one who discovers whether or not it can be done!

I'm not sure what the 130M focuser looks like but if its like a 200P then maybe one of these might do?

Lacerta 1:10 micro transmission for Skywatcher Crayford focusers

I brought mine from here ;

Dual Speed 1:10 Microfocus Upgrade for Skywatcher Crayford [Lac-Micfoc-s] - 56.00 : 365Astronomy: Discovery for every day!

It's a doddle to fit & I now have a dual speed focuser. I tested it last night for the first time & it worked a treat after the mirror had cooled down on my scope.

These are a couple of pictures of it fitted to mine;

IMAG0582.jpg?t=1334175305

IMAG0581.jpg?t=1334175326

No problem I didn't know if the 130M focuser was of the same design to the 200P as I've never seen one in the flesh. I would imagine the 200P is bigger just thought the crayford part of it would be the same.

Archived