Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Barlow or eyepiece?

mickod

Hey guys! I'm very new to astrophotography and before i dish out dosh on things i may or may not need i would like to ask a few quick questions.

I am still very much so an amature when it comes to telescopes, i own a celestron astromaster 114eq telescope with a 1000mm focal length and a 114mm aperture. I recently purchased an SLR camera an i want to get started taking photos of pretty things in the sky! So what do i do, i have been advised to buy a barlow with t-rings...this one = Celestron 1.25" Universal T-Adapter with 2x Barlow # 93640 But then i was told i can also use an eyepiece, this one, which has it's t-rings under the eyecup = Celestron Zoom Eyepiece 1.24 in - 8-24mm - Accessories ...soooo which is best to use for taking shots of the moon, and how good a magnification can i get to be able to take shots of planets?

Thanks!!

You will be better off with eyepiece projection. A DSLR's chip is far too large for planets. Moon and planets are best imaged with small chip webcams.

Assuming you are using a 2x barlow on a 1000mm scope, that combination would yield a magnification of around 65x on a DSLR.

Archived