Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Moon & Jupiter

Akyra

Looking out of my bedroom window, there are very few clouds in the sky at the moment which isn't so great tonight as I am up early in the morning, 5am kind of early :D.

Anyway, to the south - out my window to the world from my bedroom - is a brilliantly bright waxing Moon, looks very clear with the mk1 eyeball. I must admit I can see much more detail with my naked eye since looking through a telescope than I could before. The white disc has lots of dark details on it, much of which I never even noticed before experiencing the kinds of views expected through a scope.

Further to the East and up a little, another shining dot in the Southern sky.... Jupiter! The sky is still very light but I am tempted to go out with the scope, and maybe even the LPI too.

Having just been outside - thankfully didnt drag the scope out - I've just horribly found out that I cannot see the moon from my back garden as the houses behind block it completely! :D Jupiter is barely visible through the tree in next doors garden. Looks at though I may have to pack up the scope and venture out with it.

Archived