SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Sketching templates

SionR25

Hi again everyone,

I have another question :). I want to try out sketching of objects I see as a way to make a record of it all. I've been over to the sketching forum and been impressed by all of the sketches :) and was wondering where you get the templates from? I can find a few on the internet but none of the black background white circle ones.

I did use one and gave it a try this afternoon, doesn't look like clearing up here so I used one of Rik's sketches that I remember him posting in a previous thread of mine (hope you don't mind). It just doesn't seem as real with a white background and black/dark DSO's.

Sion

post-33557-133877760412_thumb.jpg

Lots of places for templates Sion, l've just found this Home Built Astronomy Projects - Observation Log and Sketching Forms but l'm sure theres lots more if you want something a little different.

You change the paper colour from white to black by inverting the scan using a image editor like Photoshop. Image>Adjustments>Invert

l only use Photoshop so not sure how you do it in other programs but it will be done in a similar way.

:)

Archived