NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter reprocess with more frames

WayBig

Ok, this is an old avi from November, but I've just found the way of fooling registaxx into taking more frames (just drag and drop the bmp files in, don't use an avi file or the file chooser dialog to select the bmps as that seems to have a limit of about 2200 frames).

Anyway, seeing was particularly good on 27th November, here is a reprocess using 3400 frames. This allowed me to push the wavelets further without getting too much noise, so there is more detail in the top cloud bands. I'm quite pleased with it, and won't better it until the next time Jupe comes around

post-18426-133877759002_thumb.jpg

Ok, this is an old avi from November, but I've just found the way of fooling registaxx into taking more frames (just drag and drop the bmp files in, don't use an avi file or the file chooser dialog to select the bmps as that seems to have a limit of about 2200 frames).

Anyway, seeing was particularly good on 27th November, here is a reprocess using 3400 frames. This allowed me to push the wavelets further without getting too much noise, so there is more detail in the top cloud bands. I'm quite pleased with it, and won't better it until the next time Jupe comes around

Very nice too!:)

Archived