200p or ed80 for ap

Hi I've both of the above scopes.and have read a few threads that a ed80 would be better over the 200p ? For ap If useing the ed80 would you use a focal reducer with it.my 200p has had a new Crayford low profile dual focoser had a few probs getting focas with the one that came with it now all good.i was going to use ed for guiding or should I buy a guide scope Instead ? I've not tried out ed much just planets what I've seen with it a I can say is the viewing is fantastic very sharp crisp view I'm over the moon with the scope so would like to push it to its full .ds ap is what I'm after doing .done abit with 200p but as my Camara has only 1 min exposure time Im trying to talk myself into a 600d cannon just the cam no lens so it will be for ap only so if you can recomend a good mod for it would be great as not sure what's needed to be done to it for ap?

For deep sky AP the real question is what mount are you using? The ED80 wil give a wider field of view, no bother with colimation, nice constrasty images, and be much lighter. Being shorter focal length, it will also be more forgiving of tracking errors so you will get longer subs. That would be my choice. I would (and do) guide through a finderguider with a QHY5.

On an HEQ5, the ED80 would be perfect. If you are going to an NEQ6 then either scope would be fine as a imaging scope. I would use the 200P for small objects and the ED80 for large objects. The ED80 would still be less hassle and there is quite enough of that with deep sky imaging, so reducing hassle is worthwhile.

Ed80 is perfect for AP, you can then add another scope to it later.

I plan to use my ed80 for widefield along with a higher focal length one for in close in.

Its great for practising on as well.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9003 usando Tapatalk

I think I should go get a guide scope and exsplore the ed80 abit more 1st.it has got me thinking what the ed100 or 120 would be like

The ED100 is more for visual use. It's a bit slow for imaging even with the reducer. The ED120 is a great mid-focal length scope for imaging (with a reducer) and a stunning visual scope.

Archived