When my TAL arrived the dust cover at the mirror end was split, bit of duck tape and it's fine. The other box containing the pier, legs and mount looked like it had been dropped down some stairs and all the polystyrene packing inside was broken up with the legs jangling around.

Must be bumpy road from Novosibirsk to the port!

However the performance is completely unaffected by these cosmetic issues :icon_salut:

It did badly need collimation though.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What's the current stock on 200p's? I don't know if I'm that bothered about the marks to return it..

All the Skyliner 200p Dobsonians that arrived last week have sold through, the next shipment is due end-April/early-May. If you decide to return the telescope we would arrange a full refund, not a replacemant, because I doubt we could find another without a slight dimple or crease. They are not uncommon with rolled steel tubes.

Archived