Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Yet another book coming out on amateur spectroscopy

Frogpills,

Spectroscopy is NOT an expensive hobby.....not compared to most others and once you have a good spectroscope you don't need to buy another one ever!

Sounds like from some of your posts you already do astrophotography.

So its probably just the one off cost for the spectroscope which allows years of observations...and pro-am collaboration work.

Do you know what really hacks me off. Its all those fellows out there - I know several - who have bought lots of equipment who:

1) Don't know how to use their equipment

2) Are too lazy to do astronomy when they get clear nights

That really gets me annoyed:icon_eek::icon_salut::icon_eek:

cheers

John

Spectroscopy is NOT an expensive hobby.....not compared to most others and once you have a good spectroscope you don't need to buy another one ever!

I'm certainly liking that. Think I might read up on the subject before diving into practical application.

Sounds like from some of your posts you already do astrophotography.

Canholder, my partner in astronomy related matters, and I try our best. We're still amateur amateurs , but hey, everyone's a novice sometime.

Do you know what really hacks me off. Its all those fellows out there - I know several - who have bought lots of equipment who:

1) Don't know how to use their equipment

2) Are too lazy to do astronomy when they get clear nights

These must be the same people that expect first light on a scope to be something akin to a Hubble masterpiece then give up because it's not plug and play type tech.

FP

Archived