The Sky-Watcher SK707AZ2

The Sky-Watcher SK707AZ2 is a great starter scope. It is a retractor with a 70mm diameter objective lens and a 700mm focal length. It is supported by a basic altazimuth mount and includes 10mm and 25mm eyepieces plus a Barlow lens. With it you can see the Orion nebula, Jupiter and it's moons (and if you look hard enough you can see two of Jupiter's darker belts). The star clusters are revealed with superb clarity and the moons landscapes are stunning. I would recommend it for First time buyers. There is discolouration because it is a retractor but that doesn't stop it from being an excellent telescope. It is also nice and cheap at only £79.99.

The SK707AZ2 is also known as the BK707AZ" and the Mercury707

Phew! Thank goodness for that. For a moment there is thought the ever inventive equipment manufacturers had created yet another derivative of the telescope.

Glad you're enjoying it. It's a great thing to get into.

• 2 weeks later...

It's the scope I bought for my 5 year old son to get into star gazing and wee having loads of fun ( sky's permitting ) was meant to get 130p but they had none in stock and my son didn't want to wait another 2-3 weeks why one came into stock. Greater starter scope for looking at the moon Venus mars and Jupiter and its moons can easily see the bands on on Jupiter with the supplied EP's investing in either a dob or get 130p syn scan next. In couple weeks. Or I might just get a syn scan mount for this scope and a dob for my self then upgrade 706 to 130 at a later date .

• 2 weeks later...

Archived