NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

what do i need?

Hi and welcome to SGL

Re clubs, look under 'fedastro' on the internet. This is the website for the Federation of Astronomical Societies. Click on the Member Societies link and scroll down until you get to your county.

Re scopes, depending on what sort of observing / imaging you want to do will depend on the type of scope that suits. By attending an astro event such as an open night, star party or club meeting you can talk to other astronomers, get to try kit before taking the plunge, and pick up loads of tips and a few mates along the way.

HTH!

Look at the Skywatcher range of scopes. It all depends on what you're looking for and your budget.

Do you want a GoTo mount? Or do you prefer to find your own way around the night sky?

Newtonian reflectors are the cheapest optin for £££'s per size. Either a Newt on an EQ mount or a Dobsonian is the cheapest by far with a simple push around mount.

For around £500 odd you can get this beauty First Light Optics - Skywatcher Skyliner 250px FlexTube Dobsonian

I have personally viewed through one of these a couple of weekends ago at a star party and the views are stunning, hence me saving for one.

Hope this helps ;)

Archived