Skyscout

hello s1m0n

the skyscouts i will be honest are more of a gimic than anything. if you have an IOS device or a android you can get apps that do the same thing. i guess they would be great if you have kids but for what they are the price is alot.

you might be better buying a book, like turn left at orion and a plansphere both are really good for lp skys (i use them in very light polluted city of newport in south wales)

if you can get one really cheap then go get one, but they are effected by metal which throws them off.

celestron do sell a skyscout scope with an adapter which i guess would be a fairly good spotter

hello s1m0n

the skyscouts i will be honest are more of a gimic than anything. if you have an IOS device or a android you can get apps that do the same thing. i guess they would be great if you have kids but for what they are the price is alot.

you might be better buying a book, like turn left at orion and a plansphere both are really good for lp skys (i use them in very light polluted city of newport in south wales)

if you can get one really cheap then go get one, but they are effected by metal which throws them off.

celestron do sell a skyscout scope with an adapter which i guess would be a fairly good spotter

That's all the info I needed as I was wondering if the thing I use on my iPad was the same.

Planets are easy to find and most constellations , DSOs are a little harder for me due to the light pollution.

I'm going to have to go to a nice dark site when winter arrives again , kielder is not too too far maybe 60 - 80 miles away I think .

not nessarary though S1m0n you should be able to use the app to find some, perhaps you might need to star hop. in skyat night mag theres a really useful plansphere showing where all the current objects are for this coming month.

perhaps i was a little hard and dismissive in my first post, but effectivly your ipad will give you the exact same data and if your in your garden and can conect to the web get even more info on targets

Lol no you weren't harsh or dismissive ;)

I take the iPad out with me and it connected to the web but the problem I'm having is pin pointing the DSOs but I unsure if it's just the light pollution that's throwing me off.

I'm still a beginner and still learning how to map the sky, which will take time and fun :)

I'm hoping our local council do what they do down in Devon where my aunt lives and turns off the street lights after 10.

it be great if they do that, where roughly are you?

i find that being in heavy LP is a pain, hence why im glad iv got goto to be honest, but last night the only things i could see was open and closed clusters and planets everything else was washed out by moon and lp

what type of scope do you have?

it be great if they do that, where roughly are you?

i find that being in heavy LP is a pain, hence why im glad iv got goto to be honest, but last night the only things i could see was open and closed clusters and planets everything else was washed out by moon and lp

what type of scope do you have?

I live in Newcastle and they are just starting to trial switching lights off on roads and I think they may move to streets after that but dunno if it will be reduction in output or few lights off then one on.

I have the 200p dob and have had some excellent views of the planets and moon and I managed to catchable star cluster te other day .

Archived