Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

DSS reg & stacked image centre section only ..????

That's about the best as I can describe. 20 fairly decent subs and 10 darks @ 7mins on M51. RAWs look OK but perhaps 10mins+ would be better. However. all I get from DSS 3.3.2 is the centre section only. Not a great deal of stars - 600+, but enough scattered over the light frames.

I have used DSS in the past with no probs until now. Has anyone seen this prob and can advise?

UPDATE

This a 550D as against the 350D. Tried older 350D frames - no probs.

550D frame size in DSS is 1336x3516 which is obviously the cause. 550D meg size from camera is 23Mb so it appears I have lost 18Mb somewehere.

Further checking reveals that 550D is in RAW at 24Mb. Imported files as used by DSS is the same at 24MB. Thus it appears that DSS is dumping the missing umpteen megs and leaving me with just the centre portion of the image.

But where and why?

Anyone seen this before? I doubt if I am the only one to use a 550D image to DSS

Archived