Complete Newbie needing some advice

Hi guys,

Ive recently invested in a entry level Telescope the AstroMaster 70AZ, Has im just starting out im intrested in exploring our solar system more.

I have a fairly limited budget and live in the centre of London.

If i could get some advice on what upgrades i should invest in that would be great.

Thanks

Hi

I would just start with actually finding your way around the sky - a good thing to help you would be to download Stellarium (free) as it shows you where everything is and is a great tool for finding things.

I would concentrate on the Moon and planets with that scope as it is of limited use for anything else - but is certainly better than nothing.

Living in the centre of London wont help as there is tons of light polution. If you are mobile see if you can travel out of the city once in a while - you will be amazed at how much you will be able to see.

have fun

Chris

If you are in central London it might be in your best interests to look up the Baker Street Irregulars AS, who meet in Regents Park on a monthly basis, you could then have a chat with like minded people and enjoy looking through some of their scopes :(

John.

Archived