wireless xbox controller and eqmod help

red dwalf

hi all,

i was at the sgl7 meet and trying out my wireless xbox controller, which kept stopping every few minutes, the only way i could get it going again was to start the software again, but the problem kept happening after a few minutes use,

i was thinking that the usb power save option in windows 7 was turning off the usb ports but i disengaged this and it still happened, i could control the mount with the slew buttons on eqmod.

any ideas please,

equipment used was,

windows 7 starter netbook,

stellarium,

eqmod,

x box wireless game pad,

and a wireless usb dongle bought of e bay

It's the controller, it turns off to save battery. Annoying and I haven't found a solution yet. I've been using the gamepad config to reconnect it. It's be nice if the EQmod software would recognise it when it turns back on without doing it, though.

is there no way round it ? the little light on the controller was on, and on the dongle but they wouldn`t talk to each other, seems a bit of aa waste of time it it keeps turning off after every couple of minutes, and it`s very annoying too !

had enough to do trying to work out how to image L.O.L.

Archived