NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

How not to image the sun.

the first shot shows how dusty my Cmos has become. i have no clue on how to clean the Cmos without making it worse off. my webcam has had its IR filter removed, so becomes saturated in a purple'ish pink colour. this was taken using Baader astro film on a SW114 catadioptric newton on a EQ1

how do we clean our sensors please ?

second picture, shows a shot taken using a small heritage 76mm (3 inch) telescope with a 300mm focal length. the camera used was my HTC hero android smart phone and held over the 25mm eyepiece ( cheap SW eyepiece). again not much clarity from the shot. what my eye see's and what the camera takes are two wildly differing images. i had to shift this into the blue bandwidth to pull out the sunspot ( bottom right of the disc)

any help advice or flaming is very welcome. i need help trying to nail the perfect shots. no added filtering has been used and basic adjustments via gimp and canons own software. as you can see FAIL is the name of the game here :blob10:

post-29537-13387775307_thumb.png

post-29537-133877753099_thumb.jpg

Archived