NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Need help processing

Catanonia

I am desperating trying to process the flux with the bode galaxies from my far than less perfect skies.

The following image is the best I can achieve really after 6 hours of LRGB on the SuperNewt.

Can anyone give me tips on how to isolate and process the flux in the luminance please ?

Looking at this, I thing I need better RGB information, these were only 18 x 3min subs unbinned per RGB channel blended in with 10min luminance subs.

I am really trying to get the flux to "pop" and have structure, edges, but I might be on a loosing battle here with my skies.

Thoughts ?

post-16631-133877751499_thumb.jpg

Apologies in advance Cat if this is a bit of a noob answer on my part but isn't the flux more sensitive in Ha ? Adding a load of Ha subs and blending with red or Lum perhaps?

TBH I have no idea :):D

Can anyone clarify this ?

No, I don't think it is. I think it is faint reflection nebulosity I'm afraid. It's been named 'the integrated flux' precisely because it shines with the collected ('integrated') light of the Milky Way. Ha showed nothing much in our recent effort with the 14 inch. Just the active galaxy regions.

Rogelio has a tutorial on getting the IFN to pop on his deep sky colors website, Cat. Also recent versions of PI have a programme or utility for pulling out the faint stuff but I haven't tried it and have forgotten its name. Yves says it works. I'll ask him.

Olly

Edit, Yves tells us;

'Exponential transformation and you have 2 options PIP and SMI.'

No, I don't think it is. I think it is faint reflection nebulosity I'm afraid. It's been named 'the integrated flux' precisely because it shines with the collected ('integrated') light of the Milky Way. Ha showed nothing much in our recent effort with the 14 inch. Just the active galaxy regions.

Rogelio has a tutorial on getting the IFN to pop on his deep sky colors website, Cat. Also recent versions of PI have a programme or utility for pulling out the faint stuff but I haven't tried it and have forgotten its name. Yves says it works. I'll ask him.

Olly

Edit, Yves tells us;

'Exponential transformation and you have 2 options PIP and SMI.'

Cheers Olly and Yves, will investigate the PI options.

Good to know about the Flux and no Ha relationship. I didn't know.

Archived