Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Saturn Returns!

Hi Folks,

With Saturn in the evening skies now, interest in watching the ringed giant is once again on the uptick! Saturn has so much to offer, that it is sometimes difficult for a beginner to take it all in.

My Astronomy Class uses this observer's guide to help. There is a place to sketch the planet in its constellation (naked eye) in the night sky. Another place to sketch in the Moons that you can track down (use Stellarium to identify them later!). There is another place to record the ring appearance and surface features.

An excellent observer's aide; and 'One-Page-Easy', as you've all come to expect.

Enjoy! :)

Dan

Saturn Observer's Log.doc

Thanks for that Astra. The doc looks extremely useful and will certainly help focus my studies, when and if the rain finally clears in Spain!! (Guess that's what happens when you buy a telescope). If you've got any more of these types of documents, would it be possible to post them up?

Qualia

Hi Qualia,

you can search for "My Astronomy Class" - I regularly post my astro-lab activities here. If you really want the whole set, you can PM me with a regular email address and I'll send you activities that span the entire year (I teach a semester-long course, so spring and fall semester labs are different.)

Cheers,

Dan

Hi Qualia,

you can search for "My Astronomy Class" - I regularly post my astro-lab activities here. If you really want the whole set, you can PM me with a regular email address and I'll send you activities that span the entire year (I teach a semester-long course, so spring and fall semester labs are different.) Cheers, Dan

No, cheers to you, Astra.

I think it would be more respectful that I search through what you have taken the time to post here (didn't realise you had done that!) and when I have worked through the activities set and feel the need to learn more, if you allow, I'd like to take you up on the offer and perhaps receive a few more tasks.

Now, all I have to do is wait for the weather to clear in Spain. It rarely rains here, it hardly ever gets cloudy, but when it does... ¡dios mío! It seems to last longer than a meal with the in-laws :)

Best regards,

Qualia

Thanks, Qualia!

I cannot tell you how much the obvious scholarship and courtesy in your reply thrills me (as a teacher of young people in their teens and 20's, I don't always get a lot of that!)

Still, please don't hesitate to let me know if I can help, or if you have a question about any of the activities you find.

Dan

No, cheers to you, Astra.

I think it would be more respectful that I search through what you have taken the time to post here (didn't realise you had done that!) and when I have worked through the activities set and feel the need to learn more, if you allow, I'd like to take you up on the offer and perhaps receive a few more tasks.

Now, all I have to do is wait for the weather to clear in Spain. It rarely rains here, it hardly ever gets cloudy, but when it does... ¡dios mío! It seems to last longer than a meal with the in-laws :)

Best regards,

Qualia

Archived