NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Leo Triplet

Mike73

Mike that's excellent. You've packed in some lovely detail there from a low magnification eyepiece. I've managed close to the detail you've had before from a dark sky in North Wales. I guess your sky must be pretty dark too down there in Cornwall :)

Another great sketch. I really need to get on with doing some myself!

Yeah - bought myself soft pencil, graphite, stump, putty rubber and paper the other day, but despite having a nice view of just this target the other day was a bit scared to try - I've always been terrible at drawing! Nobody has to see it but me, I guess...

Tom

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

Another great sketch. I really need to get on with doing some myself!

Hi Kedvec - Thanks and yes you really need to get those pencils sorted out! :)

Mike that's excellent. You've packed in some lovely detail there from a low magnification eyepiece. I've managed close to the detail you've had before from a dark sky in North Wales. I guess your sky must be pretty dark too down there in Cornwall ;)

Seb the centre of each galaxy probably wasn't as bright as the sketch but I was surprised and happy to be able to see faint fuzzies around mag 11.

The place I went to on Saturday overlooks the English Channel so I'm guessing that played a big part and I was looking at the Triplets to the S.E and away from the LP of St Austell to the West.

The attached pic shows a bit of Milky Way and that LP as it was taken when Orion was getting fairly low to the SW..

Not the darkest site around but the hunt continues. :)

Yeah - bought myself soft pencil, graphite, stump, putty rubber and paper the other day, but despite having a nice view of just this target the other day was a bit scared to try - I've always been terrible at drawing! Nobody has to see it but me, I guess...

Tom

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

Tom, I've found the most important thing I bought was a rubber!

Go for it though!! ;)

post-33489-133877751112_thumb.jpg

Archived