NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Skywatcher Skyliner 200p Portability

Hi All. I'm thinking of getting a Skywatcher Skyliner 200p and I need to know how portable it is, this is my scenario... I want to be able to carry it for 2-3 minutes at the most as I need to walk from my car to a location nearby. I have bought a snow-boarding bag and I know the tube will fit in this fine and I will sling it over one shoulder. I plan on carrying the base in the other hand and accessories etc in a ruck sack. Is this doable on a practical basis or am I pushing my luck a bit here. If so I am wondering whether to just go with the smaller model 150p but with the same set-up. What are your thoughts?

WHAT MOUNT ARE YOU USING.I HAVE THE SAME SCOPE WITH A EQ5 MOUNT AND ITS THE MOUNT THATS THE HEAVY BIT.

BUT I THNK YOU WOULD BE ABLE TO CARRY IT ALL I PLAN TO TAKE IT ALL TO A DARK SITE SOMETIME AND WOULD NEED TO WALK A BIT

My new 150P (Dob Mount) is pretty heavy and I wouldn't like to carry it for more than a minute or so. I would imagine a 200 would be similar if indeed yours is a Dob mount.

Portable - not very unless you are quite a hefty guy or gal.

Cheers:icon_salut:

Archived