Hello everyone,

;)

This is the first time I have ever joined a forum based around Astronomy too, and I hope to become a regualr

I am from Preston in Lancashire and i have invested ina Skywatcher 130m whgich i went for over the 130p as the difference was very subtle and the focal length of the 130m was greater.

Does any one have any advice on how i can get the best out of this?

Like most things in life, using the telescope and making mistakes makes for a steep learning curve. Take it out as often as you can, find a good subject and experiment with your eyepieces (if you have more than one). What ever you do, make sure you enjoy it!

Welcome aboard the SGL forums!

hello Beardy30 , I'm new myself , I'm learning the sky at the mo using a planisphere , also download stellarium to show you whats in the sky , once you've used it a few times you'll get an idea of what you want then its time to start reading up on the minefield called eyepieces

Archived