Finder scope

Thanks for all the welcome msgs-So here goes with the 1st question,My Skywatcher 127 was supplied with a 6x30 straight through finder scope which is a pain to use.

Has anyone changed theirs for a Right angle finder or a telrad?

Any recommendations or bad reviews appreciated.;)

Thanks Rob

Hi Rob

Changed to an 8x50 RACI and never regretted it. Mine happens to be the TS version, but it is exactly the same as the Skywatcher, which in turn is the same (or very similar) to the Orion version. The 6x30 supplied with the scope is OK, but an 8x50 RACI is much better! And no more straining your neck to see through it when the scope is near the zenith.

As long as my 127 stays on the GoTo mount, I haven't bothered to fit a Telrad (no real need if you are not star hopping), but I'm intending to transfer the scope to an AZ-4, so I think I'll fit one then (retaining the RACI as well). Going to look a bit of a monster on a 127 Mak, though ;)

Hi Rob,

I use both a 9x50 RA finder and a Rigel Quikfinder on both my scopes. I find the Quikfinder brilliant for getting the general direction and it's smaller than a Telrad.

Andrew

Archived