Adobe Lightroom 4.0 out very soon ...

rawhead

I noticed V4 is out this month and it's considerably cheaper than its predecessor (£99)

Is Lightroom an option for Deep Space image processing?

CS comes in at a eye watering £1000+ :) (£250 for the student version)

Thanks

I don't think that LR is really designed for it.. as such.. I've always thought of it as more of an image management and raw processing tool, although I know it's developing more processing options. I guess if you can apply multiple curves etc in the develop module, it should do... I user Aperture on my Mac, and it has all those facilities, but it doesn't really work...

You could always download the 30 day trial and see how you get on... If you're shooting in raw with an SLR something then LR or Aperture are, IMO, such a time saver it's quite incredible. In fact, when I've finished processing my astro images, I import the tif into aperture for cataloguing and file management, along with storing extra data about the image. (it even makes an automatic backup to another disk on import of the image file in the first place :)). Adjustments are not made to the image file until you export from LR or Aperture, so it's totally non destructive... sorry, going off at a bit of a tangent about LR and Aperture :)...

Archived