NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Camera Help

Gazer914

hi guys, am thinking of getting a canon 1100d from currys for £379 over the next few months, telescope is sw 200p on an eq5 mount, what would i need to attach the camera to the scope?

have been told i need a skywatcher T-mount and a focal reducer, is there anything that you would suggest i would need or recomend.

also...... what the hell is a focal reducer :) lol

stuart

Stuart,

You'll need a T ring specific to the Canon camera and then a T mount camera adaptor that allows you then to mount the camera in the telescope focuser.

I can't see that you will need a focal reducer as the 200p is already a fast scope.

What you will need however is a comma corrector to elliminate the effects of comma which will be obvious when imaging with a DSLR

ah right thanks Steve, ive just discovered that the 2x barlow that came with the scope has threads to attach to a camera but not sure as to which one, where would be best to shop for the T ring and Tmount? have noticed alot of people use first light optics and will also price up the comma corrector, will these have to be specific to the sw 200p?

I'm not to sure about the accesories that come with the 200p, so can't really comment on these, maybe there are some other 200p owners here who may be able to help..

Certainly FLO stock the T rings and camera mounts...and you will need a T ring for a Canon camera..if you have any doubts I would suggest calling the guys at FLO...they are very helpfull.

Either the Baader or the SW comma corrector will do the job, both being suitable for f4 to f6 systems...though the SW one suggests its optimised for the f5 sw scopes... Both are the same price and probably very similar in performance. I personally have the Baader offering..which does a very good job.

Steve

thanks for the info steve, have found the T-rings on FLO website but still think will follow your advive and give them a ring and ask. i had a look at the ones on there but was still a little confused and wouldnt want to get the wrong ones lol got a little bit of a shock at the price of the comma corrector £97 but as you said it would be somthing that is needed if going to do this right, going to manage with the webcam have modded for now while i save for the camera but in between will get the t-rings so that have them ready and its one less thing to worry about.

so would just have to attach using T-ring and mount? well so far got clear skys and nice and sunny well see what tonight brings lol just going to give the scope a try out as is and get used to it lol

DSCF7077.jpg

see thats another thing i have a great little digital camera and would love to try it out even if its just for luna pics as have found the correct settings but because the lens is fix (its a fuji finepix s1000fd) just have no way to attach it to the scope if i could have would have saved some cash lol

You will lilkely get away without the comma corrector with the webcam as you are unlikely to see the effects of comma with such a small chip. Its an issue with the DSLR because of the large imaging chip.

Archived