NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

After first light

Hi

After first light on my Meade ETX 90 PE, I am some how contemplating exchanging my kit for a Meade ETX 125 PE which is available for an extra 50 quid. Please, can the esteemed members of the forum share some suggestions on this? The reason I am contemplating the exchange now, is that this ETX 125 is an ex demo version available at a reduced cost. It may not be available for long.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Prasad

I have the ETX105-PE which I am now going to sell. It's a fine scope, the optics are grand and it's GO-TO works well enough when you calibrate it correctly, but I'm now looking for something with a bigger aperture, probably 8" or better. If you've got the chance to go from a 90 to a 125 for little or no extra cash I'd take it every time. There's no substitute for inches in this game, the bigger it is the more light it will gather and the more you can see or photograph. Hence my expensive move to a scope twice the size which does exactly the same things as my current scope, only bigger!

Archived