Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Spare dovetail foot?

I have 2 skywatcher scopes and one rigel finder.

What I would like to be able to do is fit a foot on the rigel base so that I can use it instead of the optical finders on the scopes.

I have done various google searches but not really found anything that does not cost a fortune, and I am also confused as to wheter I want a..

1.Foot

2.Shoe

3.dovetail.

Any suggestions, as long as they are legal and not too offensive would be welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Its not the base for the rigel thats the problem I have that, infact I have a spare.

The problem is that the base for the optical finder is a permanent part of the scopes and I was just wondering if I could get hold of a "dovetail" to fit in the optical finders slot on the scope so I could attach the base for the rigel onto it.

I dont particularly want to buy another finder as I only very occasionally use the second scope. I was just for those occassions when I want to use it.

I would drill a hole in the scopes to securely fit the Rigel foot.

When/if sale day came, then I would either include the Rigel, leave the foot, or keep the foot and fit a blanking screw & nut.

I have owned, and do own, scopes with surplus holes and don't have a problem with blanking screws. Though some do insist on a pristine tube.

Ir also depends on the type of scope and your confidence with a drill.

Archived