ST102 VS 150P

Thanks Bobby. May I ask what you have compared the ST102 to regards DSO's ? I agree with you that all it takes is a moon filter to almost eliminate CA on the moon. I found a cheap moon filter worked far better than a semi-apo filter I paid a fortune for and a MF doesn't add a yellow cast like some other fringe killers do.

TBH i dont have much at all to compare it to. lol. Its my first scope. I have had a go with my dad's 8" reflector, not sure what make it was. I wanted something that was really easy to get out and set up, and it is. I read something that said that the best scope is the one you use the most. Well i use mine lots. I was never going to get and probably never will get some 8 or 10 inch dob. As good as they are it would just be too big for what i want. I have just got a 90mm Maksutov to have a go at some planets with. £70 second hand.

With my ST102 i have had nice views of M42, M31, M45, some double cluster in Perseus and enjoyed every minute of it. The moon is also more than acceptable and i have taken some nice images of it with my SPC900 webcam.

Whatever you get there will be someone come along and suggest something else you could have or should have got. It pretty happened with me with my first post on here. lol

As long as you are happy with the views you get thats all that matters.

Enjoy whatever you end up with.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived