NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

SkyWatcher PDS

Hello,

Sorry to repeat a question, although I can use Google and can even read I have failed to find a conclusive review of these scopes.

I am looking at these scopes as I want a better focuser - are they any good or should I just retrofit a Moonlight ?

I looked at the Bresser Messier which look great but on closer inspection the focuser on these does not look that great.

Also do you know of any super telescope providers that may do a deal on a 150 newt on an eq5. I enjoyed using the 200p but it is just too bulky.

I do want to do a little photography in the future but £800 for a mount is just too much to swallow at the moment.

I have a 200 PDS, and use it for visual and the odd bit of photography (although I am about to try more than the 'odd bit' of photography!), and I can say I find it an excellent scope. I am fairly new to this myself, but IMHO the scope gives great views, although mine has definitely benefitted from a coma corrector. There isn't much that I've searched for that I haven't found despite some fairly horrendous LP.

As for the focuser, the 10:1 on this is rock solid. I regularly put my Nikon D60 on it and have no issues whatsoever.

There may be others who have very different experiences (it is not a £5k scope), but I absolutely love my scope...

Archived