Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

7dayshop 'sport series' or Celestron 'UpClose' 10x50 bins

lawsio

I'm after a pair of cheap binoculars to add to my kit and am looking at these two at the moment. Both are a similar price (£20ish) and seem to have all right reviews.

I'm currently siding with the Celestron ones just for the name but does anybody have any experience of either?

I have some 7dayshop 12x50 porro prisms. They seemed good when I first got them compared to the little 8x25 unbranded bins I had been using. But since getting my Opticron 8x40s I have to say the quality seems really poor now in comparison. Compared to the Opticrons they seem a bit misty. The collimation is also obviously out too. Used them for a bit.

Possibly a complete waste of money though they have given me, as a beginner, an appreciation for different quality in optics.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a pair of UpClose 10x50's, but they are poorly collimated so not much use for the night sky. If you are lucky to get a decently collimated pair then they will be OK for casual use. The cheapo "Miranda" 10x50's I bought in Dixons 20 years ago for £15 are far better optically.

Archived