Online Astronomy Courses

I found on iTunes over the weekend an 'iTunes U' course in Astrophysics, provided by Yale Uni. I might already be common knowledge on here but for those who don't know of it, it's totally free and you get 24 recorded lectures (45 mins to 1 hour each) and all of the course notes and transcripts etc... I've only watched a bit of the first one so far but it seems very good for those who want to learn a bit of science! I don't myself but if you have an iPad it seems the 'iTunes U' app will make it a much more interactive experience.

Link is here for those who fancy a gander: Open Yale Courses | Frontiers and Controversies in Astrophysics

Does anybody know of any other online courses to share?

Does anybody know of any other online courses to share?

Professor Richard Pogge (teaching at Ohio State) has several excellent Astronomy courses and Public lectures (many available on iTunes).

They include:

Astronomy 141: Life in the Universe Autumn Quarter 2009

Astronomy 161: Introduction to Solar System Astronomy Autumn Quarter 2007 Autumn Quarter 2006

Astronomy 162: Stars, Galaxies, & the Universe Winter Quarter 2006

Astronomy 830: Observed Properties of Stars & Galaxies Autumn Quarter 2004

Astronomy 350: Methods of Observational Astronomy Autumn Quarter 2002

Public Lectures The Once & Future Sun, 1997 New Vistas in Astronomy Lecture.

Highly recommended.

Professor Richard Pogge (teaching at Ohio State) has several excellent Astronomy courses and Public lectures (many available on iTunes).

They include:

Astronomy 141: Life in the Universe Autumn Quarter 2009

Astronomy 161: Introduction to Solar System Astronomy Autumn Quarter 2007 Autumn Quarter 2006

Astronomy 162: Stars, Galaxies, & the Universe Winter Quarter 2006

Astronomy 830: Observed Properties of Stars & Galaxies Autumn Quarter 2004

Astronomy 350: Methods of Observational Astronomy Autumn Quarter 2002

Public Lectures The Once & Future Sun, 1997 New Vistas in Astronomy Lecture.

Highly recommended.

I second this recomendation...

Richard Pogge's lectures are really really excelent!

I've listened to both 161 & 162 back to back several times now whilst driving to work over the last couple of years...(its a long boring drive normally!)....these two courses really are a very good introduction to astronomy & astrophysics...I learnt loads.

...Very highly recomended...

Steve

Archived