Re: Celestron v Skywatcher? 127

Hi! Been 'looking' for weeks now... decided to invest less money in what will be my 1st telescope ... 1st consideration was the Skymax-127! Even considered an Acuter Spotting Scope! For the money, I might do better..... Now considering the 'Celestron 114 LCM Computerised Newtonian Telescope' as I'm a 65 year old 'beginner'! Anyone with any experience of the Celestron 114 LCM' please?

The 114 is a smallish scope in astro terms. good for the moon ok for planets and will let you see m objects although not necessarily brilliantly if you must have goto and it's the biggest you can afford it will give you a bit of fun. However if you want to see a lot more and don't mind learning the skies this scope will do it for the same price it's more work but visually it's leagues ahead of the celestron

First Light Optics - Skywatcher Skyliner 150P Dobsonian

Thanks for the advice. Re the Dob., what weight are we talking about here? That's one thing I find missing in most telescope ads is an approximate height & diameter of a telescope when not in use and weight.

Archived