NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

UK Vendor and Customer Across the Pond

Polaris B

Hi, folks,

I tried to contact Altair Astro through its help email, then ordered something because it looked like they were willing to ship overseas, then tried to call. No email answer back, nothing but a receipt-bot answer to the order, and I can't get through by phone. Any suggestions?

Val

Have you been calling the correct number? also, did you try calling between the hours stated (UK time)?, here is the info from there site, i've just called them and got an answering machine, which was to be expected as it is way past 1pm here in the UK.

Dear Customers, we're usually able to take phone calls from 10am - 4pm on weekdays and from 10pm - 1pm Saturdays.

Altair Astro phone number: +44 1263 731505

Hope this helps!

Thanks, fizzydx. I just tried the number again and got the answering machine as well. In the meantime, Ian from Altair answered the email I sent again this morning and told me that Altair shipped the part I ordered as soon as I ordered it, before contacting me. He said that the item was small enough that they shipped first and would determine shipping later, to be sent along by invoice. Good, fast service if that's the case! Not sure why I did not hear from him sooner, but it certainly seems all is well. Thanks for the help. This is my first experience with Altair or any UK vendor.

Val

Archived