EQ Mount Alignment...a noddy guide on how-to

Hi all,

well i was surfing around tonight on the wide expanses of the internet trying to find an easier description on how i go about properly aligning my EQ mount supplied with my Celestron AM 130EQ. The user guide that came with it isn't particularly (IMO) that descriptive and i find it hard to follow videos going along at such a pace...

anyway, there i was clicking thru what must have been hundreds of search results when I stumbled upon this noddy guide titled "The Worlds Easiest Equatorial Mount Instruction Manual for Reflector Telescopes" - great I thought, so opened up the PDF file, had a read and it all became crystal clear! Now I just need a clear night so i can set the star-alignment correctly and get to using my Star Atlas!

Has anybody seen this guide before, if so did you find it as good as i found it to be?

I googled the title and found it - nice tip, as I haven't a clue really, but still managed to see a great moon tonight (eventually!) You'd think it would be easy but it's pretty darned difficult!! The upside down, back to front thing really throws me!!

I googled the title and found it - nice tip, as I haven't a clue really, but still managed to see a great moon tonight (eventually!) You'd think it would be easy but it's pretty darned difficult!! The upside down, back to front thing really throws me!!

there is no upside down , back to front in space ... do a search for astrobaby eq mount ...much simpler than bushnell pdf

tish what scope/mount do you have ?? :D

Archived