help please

I was hoping for a little advise please I'm all new to this so please bear with me I have always been interested in the night sky so at xmas my better half :D bought me my first proper scope its a skywatcher 114 with a goto mount which is fantastic looking up close brings it all into perspective. just recently bought new ep's have found that when I put my 15mm ep in as the object is more magnified it seems to blur its driving me mad is this a scope fault? I really need help people any would be grateful thank you :)

welcome to sgl it depends what you are looking at but some objects are particularly sensitive to seeing. that is atmospheric interference caused by movements in the atmosphere it shows most under magnification. It could also be caused by lack of collimation it may even be you haven't quite got it focussed it can be terribly difficult to focus sometimes if the seeing is very bad. I don't think it's anything major with the scope

hi wonki what objects were you looking at when it went blurry ??

also where are you viewing from ??

you can make a collaminator tool out of a 35mm plastic film tub ... drill a hole dead center on bottom stick it in focuser and look through google it !!! :D

Archived