would a 6.5mm be good with a 130p

Assuming the scope is the 650mm FL option then it will give 100x and should be good as the magnification is within reason.

The scope should take a 5mm but after that you are pushing the scope a little and the results may not be as good as you expect. An f/5 scope can be difficult on eyepieces.

Which 6.5mm eyepiece.

I have the same scope and my TMB 4know seems pretty good:)

yep your 4mm in that scope will give x162 mag , im sure that will be about as much usable/practical magnification you will be able to use in the uk .

a good rough guide is your lens/mirror diamiter in mm = maximum mag .. so if you have a 130mm mirror you will be able to get x130 mag . from a dark site or with good seeing conditions you can push a little more... x150+

the tmb eyepieces are great for the money ,i have tried several in my f4 schmit/newt and the views were great ,very little coma at the edges . anyway have fun ..:D

ps you could always climb ben nevis on a moonless cloudfree night and push the mag a bit more !!!!!

pps the gso eyepieces are very good for the money also ... the 32mm i tried is exellent ...comes with threads for camera attatching !!

also as capricorn says fast scopes ie f6/f5/f4 can be tough on eyepieces , it is difficult to produce an inexpensive ep that works well in fast scopes

, coma is what they call the problem , the center of the fov is in focus but as you look towards the edge the stars turn into segull shapes !!!

the tmb`s i tried worked very well, but the gso`s were very good also , i would say the 32mm gso was the best , greatwidefield ep very little coma .

i belive to get better ep`s than these you would have to spend many times as much ...naglers start at £265 and go up to about 600 lol

i bit the bullet and purchased a baader hyperionzoom ... awsome , simply awsome . i was struggling to achive good visuals with my 254mm schmit/newt with some meade 4000 seris plossls .. the baader has tranformed the scope i can wind the zoom to around x125 mag on m42 and it is still showing colour and splitting the trap easy :D

wicked info thanks ,got to make my pockets deeper then lol will defo take a look at getting baader hyperionzoom i have only had a slight chance to use it with the weather being bad but would like to look a so DOS'S when i get the chance any info on a good eyepice to use with my scope thanks agagin

Archived