NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M81 & M82

cloudbuster

hi all:)

please find attached a quick stretch of my recent M81 M82 effort, which suffers from a number of problems, perhaps most noticeable of which is coma. I will update this thread with the full processed version as and when i can...in the meantime, here's the details...c&c welcome:

peasedown st john 18.2.12

skywatcher 200pds 8"

Canon 40d

CLS light pollution filter

800 asa

31 subs 5 min

30 flats 1/90 tv mode

29 darks 5 min

40 bias 1/8000th sec

stacked in DSS

Processed in Pixinsight

...and not forgetting to thank Andy UK for all his help...appreciated muchos!

cheers

bob

post-16166-133877735215_thumb.jpg

...and not forgetting to thank Andy UK for all his help...appreciated muchos!

cheers

bob

LOL - what a coincidence, Andy has been helping me out with processing my data on M81 too :D

Nice image there Bob, having darker skies than me seems to of helped bring out the wispy bits in the arms of the galaxy

Looking very good Bob...! :)

You've got some nice whispy detail in the M81 spiral, as well as an indication of the Ha filaments in M82 showing through... To my eye there is a slight gradient towards the left side, which is a little bemusing since the flats were taken with an EL panel (:D), but regardless you can easily remove that with DBE...

Archived