Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Obervatory advice

AstroMadBloke

Hi all, This is my first post in SGL and I,m looking for a little advice on my observatory plan. I'm doing to buy a shed and convert the roof, my first thought was to construct a roll off roof but having read into these I see they can be problematic with struts and guide rails distorting. I was just wondering if any one has had experience of this problem. There for I think I'll go with a fold back roof but now am wondering just how to make it weather tight, which is important as I'm in Northern Scotland. The other question is, is a concrete base or a shed underframe base attached to firm ground better, I just thinking that a concrete base may cause thermal problems within the observatory as it cools at night. I'm running a blog on the build which will show the plans http://fochabersobservatory.blogspot.com/ I'll be grateful for any advice. Cheers Pete:headbang:

Archived