Meade eyepieces

Hi i have a skywatcher 130m and i like the eyepieces that came with it bt a friend bought a set of 5 meade eye pieces ranging from 6mm to 25mm and has lent them to me to use while he is on holiday i like them better than the two that came with my skywatcher but would like to know if £75.00 for five eyepieces is more just half decent eyepieces than really good eyepieces. While browsing i now i need a tal barlow but is the 3x barlow better than the two. I would like to see some dso but dunno if this scope will allow me to do that. Haven't been out in over a week due to weather over here. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

£75 for 5 Meade ( Plossls?) is a bargain if they are the sizes that you would want. Personally I would want a 32mm for DSO viewing and I doubt the 6mm would get used much in a 130mm scope with UK seeing conditions.

A 2x barlow is the popular size for visual use.

I'm guessing that these are NOT the Meade plossls but are the Meade MA's. The new cost of this set is £73.00 from here:

Meade 5 Piece MA Eyepiece Set

They are not great eyepieces to be honest, around the same quality as the ones that come with the scope. The plossl design mentioned by Karen would be an improvement over your current eyepieces though.

You can get better eyepieces than the Meade plossls for £30-£40 each and then buy just the ones you need.

Archived