skymax 127 ota

I recently purchased a skymax 127 to use on my celestron slt mount, however when i mount it, the starfinder/pointer is upside down.

Can anyone tell me if this is normal with the ota's? And if i mount it from the other side will the goto features still work ok, and could this unbalance and damage my mount?

its a bit awkward lying down to use it.

I would greatly appreciate some advice. cheers

The OTA sold separately has the dovetail positioned on the bottom of the tube where it would be attached to a photographic tripod or an EQ mount.

Two options:

1. remove the existing dovetail and fit a suitable set of rings and a new dovetail bar.

2. attach a new finderscope using double side foam tape. http://www.scopesnskies.com/prod/finder/universal-finder-mounting-plate/universal.html

If you try to attach the telescope so that the arm is effectively on the left side of the telescope you will have problems with the goto system and the telescope will probably hit the mount when it elevates.

Peter

Archived