NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Venus 7/02/12

tbird

A change of target and kit !

Nexus6 has kindly let me try his Skyliner 150p.

I put the OTA on the CG-5 mount and had a go at Venus and Jupiter as a test. x2 Tal barlow with philips spc900, 10fps, 2 minute capture.

Focus was tricky as the R&P focuser was a little stiff and the image is over exposed but I was pleased how clearly the phase showed.

venus07_02_201217_31_34.jpg

Jupiter wasn't great as the focus was off, but with a bit of fettling I think I can sort that. Looking forward to having a go at Mars and Saturn soon.

Thanks Zul,

I don't have photoshop, I just process in Registax 6 ( 99% of which I don't understand :icon_salut: ).

I just need the clouds to clear to have another go :), this is starting to be addictive.

Well I wasn't expecting the skies to clear until later but a look out the living room window showed Venus & Jupiter shining brightly. The mount was already set up but the OTA was still inside and not cooled down at all.

I got the scope outside and lined up on Venus which was truly awful in the eyepiece with a warm scope and the planet only just above our house roof, so I returned to the old favourite Jupiter.

This is still trying out the long tube Skywatcher 150p, 4 min capture at 10fps in Sharpcap and processed in Registax 6, x2 TAL barlow. I'd sorted the sloppy focuser this afternoon, just needed adjusting.

jupiterr10_02_201219_00_54.jpg

I think this set up with the longer focal length is showing some potential.

Just hoping it stays clear for a go at Mars and Saturn.

Archived