NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Power tank recommendation for Celestron CG5

Hi all,

I know I could probably find all this out with a search but I wanted to be extra careful and not accidentally buy something not up to the job :icon_salut:

I'm going to buy a Celestron CG5 and was wondering what kind of Power Tank I should get to power it. I've seen mentioned that the ones from Skywatcher and Celestron are quite overpriced and something cheaper and just as good from somewhere like Maplin.

Any recommendations on something that's up to the job that is more economical than the branded options?

Thanks in advance for any help.

I have a Celestron GOTO and use a jumper box for starting a flat car battery, i guess if it's strong enough to crank over a diesel engine it's going to run my scope for hours, i didn't bother working out the power consumption of finding the Ah of the box as i already had it, but it lasts far longer than the AA batteries that i used first time round. most scopes probably run on mA or just over, think of it like a car stereo, these jump start boxes will run that for ages.

Archived